December 15, 2019
Order of Worship
Songs of Praise
(as you are able, please stand for these portions of the service)
Prepare the Way
Pastor Larry Kim
Prayers of the People and the Lord's Prayer
Offering and Prayer for the Offering
Elder Byung Cho
Community Time and Announcements
Closing Song and Benediction
Rev. Sung Chang
Please join us for a light lunch in the Fellowship Hall
- Adult Bible Study Adult Sunday School will meet immediately following worship in the sanctuary.
- Holiday Mission Project: Miller Children’s Hospital We will be collecting items to bless patients at Miller Children’s Hospital in Long Beach from now until December 15th. Check out the wishlist in the weekly email. See Malinda if you have any questions. Thanks for your support!
- Angel Tree Faith and St. Luke’s are supporting kids at Harbor Interfaith through the Angel Tree project. To participate, select a child or parent from the tree in the lobby, purchase a gift ($35 for child gifts, $25 gift cards for parents), and return the wrapped gifts by Sunday, December 22nd. Additional details are posted by the tree. Thank you for your generosity this holiday season.
- Christmas at Faith It’s a special time of year! Join us each Sunday in December as we observe the Advent season, then enjoy family worship on Sunday, December 22nd, followed by our potluck, and kids Christmas party.
- You’re Invited to Join a Community Group Faith Finders community group will continue Bible study on 1 Samuel in Los Alamitos. If you’d like to attend, please see Jessica for more information. Beach Cities community group will begin meeting at the Lie residence in Redondo Beach to study 1 Corinthians today. Please contact Fred for details. Torrance community group will begin meeting sometime in October to study 1 Corinthians. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Monthly Prayer Meeting Our next prayer meeting will be this Saturday, December 7th, at 5-6pm. This will be a time to pray for our church, one another, and our community.
- Faith Instagram Share the joy of our Faith community on Instagram. Post and tag your photos #faithchurchlife and see what others are sharing as well. This feed is connected to our website, so anything posted on Instagram will also be visible on the site!
- Fellowship Lunch In the spirit of community, fellowship lunch will begin once adult Bible study is complete. Faith Crusaders will also remain in class until that time. This way, we can all enjoy the meal together! If you would like to host lunch this year, please contact Christine Cheng or see the sign-up sheet on the hallway bulletin board.
- Community Groups at Faith The Torrance and Beach Cities Community Groups are paused for the season. Faith Finders CG is currently studying the book of Esther. See the back of the bulletin for contact info to join a community group near you!
- South Bay Together Backpack Drive Annual fundraiser to donate backpacks and school supplies to underprivileged children in the Lawndale School District. This is a joint mission project with several other churches. Faith has committed $1,000 to this mission outreach.
- Harbor Interfaith Please help us partner with St. Luke’s and support Harbor Interfaith by bringing food items each communion Sunday. We are collecting items Sunday, September 1st! Help meet hunger needs, clothing, toys, baby items, or hygiene products. See Meeduk Hyun for more details.
- Presbytery Mission Support Our annual support for our presbytery’s many mission projects is $4,000. These funds go to support ministries such as the presbytery’s Habitat build in Culver City, partnership with PATH (People Assisting the Homeless), and mission trips to Nicaragua and New Orleans.
- Beach Cities Group Leader: Fred Lie
- Torrance Groups Leader: Pastor Sung Chang
- Faith Finders Book discussion that meets in OC (but all are welcome, regardless of zip code!). Contact: Jessica Ahn, 213-272-9400.
- Women’s Bible Study The Women’s Bible Study meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at church. See Malinda or Luann for more details.
- KakaoTalk Women’s Fellowship is a Korean Language Small Group. See Jina Hoang for more details (310-729-8856).
- Lunch Today is hosted by the Pak Family. Thank you!
- Offering Received:
Thanks for your generous giving!