January 19, 2019
Order of Worship
Songs of Praise
(as you are able, please stand for these portions of the service)
Finding Joy in God’s Plan
Rev. Sung Chang
Prayers of the People and the Lord's Prayer
Ordination and Installation of Elders
Offering and Prayer for the Offering
Elder Byung Cho
Community Time and Announcements
Closing Song and Benediction
Rev. Sung Chang
Please join us for a light lunch in the Fellowship Hall
- Adult Bible Study Adult Sunday School will gather in the sanctuary immediately following service.
- Session Planning Meeting The staff and session will meet today for a visioning/planning meeting. We hope to present and cast this vision together as a congregation soon. Please pray for clear direction and discernment from the Holy Spirit.
- Congregational Meeting Session has called a congregational meeting for next Sunday, 1/26/20, immediately following service to present the 2020 church budget. All members and non-members are encouraged to attend.
- Women’s Ministry Crafting Hand-knit a scarf for cool weather! Jane will lead us on Saturday, January 25th, from 10a-12p in the Community Room. Cost is $7 per participant, kids are welcome, and please RSVP to Jane by the 20th.
- You’re Invited to Join a Community Group Faith Finders community group will continue Bible study on 1 Samuel in Los Alamitos. If you’d like to attend, please see Jessica for more information. Beach Cities community group will begin meeting at the Lie residence in Redondo Beach to study 1 Corinthians today. Please contact Fred for details. Torrance community group will begin meeting sometime in October to study 1 Corinthians. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Monthly Prayer Meeting Our next prayer meeting will be this Saturday, December 7th, at 5-6pm. This will be a time to pray for our church, one another, and our community.
- Faith Instagram Share the joy of our Faith community on Instagram. Post and tag your photos #faithchurchlife and see what others are sharing as well. This feed is connected to our website, so anything posted on Instagram will also be visible on the site!
- Fellowship Lunch In the spirit of community, fellowship lunch will begin once adult Bible study is complete. Faith Crusaders will also remain in class until that time. This way, we can all enjoy the meal together! If you would like to host lunch this year, please contact Christine Cheng or see the sign-up sheet on the hallway bulletin board.
- Community Groups at Faith The Torrance and Beach Cities Community Groups are paused for the season. Faith Finders CG is currently studying the book of Esther. See the back of the bulletin for contact info to join a community group near you!
- South Bay Together Backpack Drive Annual fundraiser to donate backpacks and school supplies to underprivileged children in the Lawndale School District. This is a joint mission project with several other churches. Faith has committed $1,000 to this mission outreach.
- Harbor Interfaith Please help us partner with St. Luke’s and support Harbor Interfaith by bringing food items each communion Sunday. We are collecting items Sunday, September 1st! Help meet hunger needs, clothing, toys, baby items, or hygiene products. See Meeduk Hyun for more details.
- Presbytery Mission Support Our annual support for our presbytery’s many mission projects is $4,000. These funds go to support ministries such as the presbytery’s Habitat build in Culver City, partnership with PATH (People Assisting the Homeless), and mission trips to Nicaragua and New Orleans.
- Beach Cities Group Leader: Fred Lie
- Torrance Groups Leader: Pastor Sung Chang
- Faith Finders Book discussion that meets in OC (but all are welcome, regardless of zip code!). Contact: Jessica Ahn, 213-272-9400.
- Women’s Bible Study The Women’s Bible Study meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at church. See Malinda or Luann for more details.
- KakaoTalk Women’s Fellowship is a Korean Language Small Group. See Jina Hoang for more details (310-729-8856).
- Lunch Today is hosted by Mike and Sue Park. All are welcome!
- Offering Received:
Thanks for your generous giving!