March 17, 2019
Order of Worship
Songs of Praise
(as you are able, please stand for these portions of the service)
“How to Glorify God”
Pastor Daniel Kim
Prayers of the People and the Lord's Prayer
Offering and Prayer for the Offering
Elde Wook Pak
Community Time and Announcements
Closing Song and Benediction
Pastor Daniel Kim
Please join us for a light lunch in the Fellowship Hall
- Adult Bible Study AAdult Sunday School will not meet during Pastor Chang’s leave
- Pastor Chang’s Leave Pastor Chang will be on medical leave for the next several weeks recovering from surgery. Please pray for him and his family..
- 6k for Water 2019! Make plans to be part of the movement on May 4th at 8am at Ken Malloy Harbor Regional Park! Registration is now open!
- Children’s Book Drive The Faith Crusaders are invited to bring new or gently used children’s books to donate to the Fun Zone Reading Club that serves kids on and near Skid Row. Books of all reading levels are welcome! Please bring books to the box in the office by March 31st.
- Community Egg Hunt Once again, Faith is partnering with St. Luke’s to host the annual Community Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 20th. Volunteers are needed, so please sign up in the lobby. We will have more eggs to stuff this year, so please bring individually wrapped candy (no chocolate or nuts) as soon as you’re able. Our congregation will be filling eggs during fellowship lunch on April 14th!
- Monthly Prayer Meeting Our next prayer meeting will be Saturday, April 6th, at 5-6pm. This will be a time to pray for our church, one another, and our community. Prayer is held on the first Saturday of each month.
- Faith Instagram Share the joy of our Faith community on Instagram. Post and tag your photos #faithchurchlife and see what others are sharing as well. This feed is connected to our website, so anything posted on Instagram will also be visible on the site!
- Fellowship Lunch In the spirit of community, fellowship lunch will begin once adult Bible study is complete. Faith Crusaders will also remain in class until that time. This way, we can all enjoy the meal together! If you would like to host lunch this year, please contact Christine Cheng or see the sign-up sheet on the hallway bulletin board.
- Community Groups at Faith The Torrance and Beach Cities Community Groups are paused for the season. Faith Finders CG is currently studying the book of Esther. See the back of the bulletin for contact info to join a community group near you!
- South Bay Together Backpack Drive Annual fundraiser to donate backpacks and school supplies to underprivileged children in the Lawndale School District. This is a joint mission project with several other churches. Faith has committed $1,000 to this mission outreach.
- Harbor Interfaith Please help us partner with St. Luke’s and support Harbor Interfaith by bringing food items each communion Sunday. We are collecting items Sunday, February 3rd! Help meet hunger needs, clothing, toys, baby items, or hygiene products. See Meeduk Hyun for more details.
- Presbytery Mission Support Our annual support for our presbytery’s many mission projects is $4,000. These funds go to support ministries such as the presbytery’s Habitat build in Culver City, partnership with PATH (People Assisting the Homeless), and mission trips to Nicaragua and New Orleans.
- Beach Cities Group Leader: Fred Lie
- Torrance Groups Leader: Pastor Sung Chang
- Faith Finders Book discussion that meets in OC (but all are welcome, regardless of zip code!). Contact: Jessica Ahn, 213-272-9400.
- Women’s Bible Study The Women’s Bible Study meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at church. See Malinda or Luann for more details.
- KakaoTalk Women’s Fellowship is a Korean Language Small Group. See Jina Hoang for more details (310-729-8856).
- Lunch Today is hosted by the Soung family. Thank you!
- Offering Received:
Thanks for your generous giving!