October 22, 2017
Order of Worship
Call to Worship
Songs of Praise
(as you are able, please stand for these portions of the service)
Confession of Faith
Prayer of Confession and Assurance of Forgiveness
Passing the Peace of Christ
Elder Byung Cho
“Be the Church”
Rev. Dr. Sunny Kang
Prayers of the People and the Lord's Prayer
Offering and Prayer for the Offering
Elder Byung Cho
Community Time and Announcements
Closing Song and Benediction
Rev. Dr. Sunny Kang
Please join us for a light lunch in the Fellowship Hall
- Adult Bible Study Adult Sunday School will be on hiatus until Pastor Chang’s return from vacation.
- Women’s Bible Study After a brief break, Wednesday night Women’s Bible study will return on October 18th. This will begin a new study on Hebrews, so see Luann or Malinda if you’d like to join.
- Hallelujah Fest The youth group invites all Faith Crusaders to enjoy our annual Hallelujah Fest on Sunday, October 29th, immediately after worship. Come in costume for games and treats!
- Youth Bible Study The Youth Group will be gathering Friday, October 27th, at 6:30p.m. at church. We will have snacks, Bible study, and fellowship games.
- Adopt a College Student Back-to-school means another chance to support our college students. Click on the link in the weekly email or see Malinda to sign-up to encourage one or more of our students on the month of your choice.
- Fellowship Lunch There are many open spots in the next couple of months, so if you would like to host lunch, please contact Christine Cheng at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-528-5364.
- Youth Pastor Session is actively searching for a Youth Pastor. We will continue to keep the congregation updated on the progress.
- Harbor Interfaith Please help us partner with St. Luke’s and support Harbor Interfaith by bringing food items each communion Sunday. We are collecting items TODAY! Help meet hunger needs, clothing, toys, baby items, or hygiene products. See Meeduk Hyun for more details. .
- Operation Christmas Child Faith is supporting Samaritan’s Purse and their Operation Christmas Child project. We have up to 100 empty shoeboxes to fill with toys, school supplies, hygiene products, and other gifts for kids in developing countries. See Malinda for details; shoeboxes are available immediately and must be filled and returned by the second week of November.
- Presbytery Mission Support Our annual support for our presbytery’s many mission projects is $4,000. These funds go to support ministries such as the presbytery’s Habitat build in Culver City, partnership with PATH (People Assisting the Homeless), and mission trips to Nicaragua and New Orleans.
- New Community Group Launch Beach Cities (leader Elder Fred Lie, email@example.com) and Torrance (leader Pastor Sung Chang. firstname.lastname@example.org) community groups are beginning the in October for 6-8 weeks. All community groups will be studying “The Reason for God” by Tim Keller. For purposes of intimacy and efficacy, each group will be limited in size, so please email leaders asap.
- Faith Finders Book discussion format that meets in OC (but all are welcome, regardless of zip code!). Contact: Jessica Ahn, 213-272-9400, email@example.com.
- Women’s Bible Study The Women’s Bible Study meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at church. See Malinda or Luann for more details.
- KakaoTalk Women’s Fellowship is a Korean Language Small Group. See Jina Hoang for more details (310-729-8856, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Lunch Today is hosted by the Park family! Thank you!
- Offering Received:
Thanks for your generous giving!